JOB TITLE: Food Service Worker
Full-Time; Primary shift – 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Rotating Weekends required.
REPORTS TO: Dietary Manager
Prepares various food items for patient trays and cafeteria service in accordance with
established recipes; as assigned, assists in orientation of employees; ensures daily work load is
carried out through individual or cooperative efforts; exercises some judgment on work to be
Perform a variety of patient food services, dining room services and dish room services. Will be
an integral part of the food preparations, serving of the prepared food to patients, families,
staff and visitors and assisting in clean up.
• Prepares various food items in cooperation with other food service workers in
accordance with established recipes, policies, and procedures
• Sets up cafeteria and prepares extra foods for cafeteria
• Analyzes prep sheets
• Communicates closely with other food service workers to work as a team to effectively
prepare menu items
• Communicates with Hospital personnel and others
• Maintains a safe, clean working environment
• Operates applicable Hospital equipment
• Maintains confidentiality
• Plans and organizes own work to be done
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Provide quality work, showing knowledge of the job and good decision making
• Being timely and efficient when preparing food
• Provide high quality food preparation and service
• Complete all procedures scheduled during the shift without compromising the quality of
• Volunteer to help in other areas of the kitchen when necessary.
• Demonstrates reliability and dependability in your work.
• Operating equipment and performing related duties in a safe manner.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Learned knowledge of cooking principles
• Basic knowledge of reading, writing, and math
• Ability to plan and organize work
• Ability to give and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Ability to exercise some judgment on work to be done
• Ability to read and follow written/verbal instructions
• Maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, supervisors, managers, vendor
representatives, customers and client representatives.
• Ability to use a computer preferred.
• Basic food-handling skills preferred.
• Ability to interact with all individuals in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond to patients, residents and employees.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Ability to comply with dress code requirements.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Works from a well-lighted and ventilated kitchen.
• Is exposed to temperature extremes in the kitchen and storage areas.
• May be subject to burns, cuts, falls, and scalds.
• Sits, stands, stoops, bends, lifts, and walks intermittently during the workday.
About Republic County Hospital
At Republic County Hospital we strive for excellence in everything we do. We provide quality care to all citizens of all ages. We are forward looking to meet the changing health care needs of Forsyth and the surrounding area. At the same time, we are a stable organization that is financially sound. We involve all of our medical staff through good communication. We support them by trying to meet their professional needs in training, equipment and services. We emphasize good communication with all county citizens who support us financially and through the use of our services. We care about and support our employees through training and education who in turn are caring and committed to our patients and our organization.