Organization: North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC), Beloit, KS
Beginning Salary: Subject to Qualifications
Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
Employee Health Insurance
Vacation and Sick Leave
The Weatherization Director is responsible for administering the weatherization program within the 41-county region. The position requires a thorough knowledge of the weatherization program and the ability to manage and oversee efforts for the program. The individual must be mindful in representing NCRPC and the clients, weatherization personnel, independent contractors, and state administrative personnel.
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in conjunction with the Housing Director. Manages all NCRPC weatherization personnel.
- Valid high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of experience performing similar duties; or
- Degree in business or another related field
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work well with people and to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and database programs
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be capable of being bonded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of weatherization employees
- Develop budgets, manage and track multiple funding sources
- Implement and update, as needed, NCRPC weatherization policies
- Communicate effectively with the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation-Weatherization Division
- Advocate for NCRPC, weatherization, clients, and contractors.
- Stay current polices and guidelines and communicate these effectively to the Weatherization Team and independent contractors.
- Oversee the weatherization process: creating bids, paying contractors, training opportunities for inspectors and contractors, outreach activities and etc.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Applicants shall provide a resume with 3 professional references
Requested documents may be emailed to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Weatherization Director
Or may be sent by mail or delivered to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
Attn: Office Manager
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420
Please contact Pepper Roberg at NCRPC at (785) 738-2218 with questions.
The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About North Central Regional Planning Commission
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) strives to improve the quality of life in North Central Kansas. We are a Regional Planning Commission and Economic Development District with state and federal recognition. The core planning and development area consists of 12 counties and 83 cities in North Central Kansas. The NCRPC also oversees several programs that have far reaching impact throughout much of Kansas. We specialize in planning and development for infrastructure, housing, technology, small business, and more.