Location: Beloit, KS
Reports to: NCKCN Systems Administrator
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) located in Beloit, KS, is seeking an IT Coordinator to be responsible for assisting the Systems Administrator with the overall operation, installation and maintenance of the communication networks, and computer technology for North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) and NCKCN. The IT Coordinator works directly with Administration, Faculty and Staff to ensure all hardware, software, and networking systems are properly operating, installed and maintained.
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate field of study or Associate Degree with experience in an appropriate field.
- Networking, Internet, web site development and maintenance experience required.
- Higher education background/experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory or instructional experience preferred.
- Understanding of and demonstrated proficiency of computer, networking and Internetworking operating systems.
- Understanding of and ability to manage communication technology resources.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Familiarity with new information technologies and commitment to their implementation, application, and maintenance.
- Employment dependent upon a pre-employment background screening
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires travel to remote offices and network locations
- Indoors, environmentally controlled
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Possible stress due to deadlines and/or dealing with unpleasant or angry people
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Responsible for assisting the Systems Administrator in:
- All NCRPC/NCKCN networks.
- Manage and maintain all Servers and Workstations.
- Oversee integration of the NCRPC/NCKCN Information System Servers.
- Manage Secure Servers and provide proper security for network including, but not limited to backup, maintenance and disaster tolerance.
- Responsible for all PC maintenance.
- Develop or recommend new technologies and recommend new purchases of equipment for the technology department, plan and budget.
- Maintain complete inventory of all computers, software, and communication related equipment.
- Assure that faculty are informed of communication policies, and user procedures.
- Provide leadership in orientation, training, and education for faculty in the use of the computers, communication technology, and Internet services.
- Maintain the telephone system.
- Maintain the security system.
- Maintain the email system.
- Review relevant areas of the website and recommend changes to your supervisor
- Maintains confidentiality and accurate records
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to NCRPC/NCKCN Mission, Vision, and Values
Other duties as assigned by the IT Director, Executive Director and Office Manager, or the President.
- Full-time Position
- Compensation based on experience
- Vacation per NCRPC policy
- Medical leave per NCRPC policy
- Medical Benefits Package
How to Apply
Applicants shall include a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
Requested documents may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: IT Coordinator Employment Opportunity
Or may be sent by mail or delivered to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
Attn: IT Coordinator Employment Opportunity
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420
Please contact Pepper Roberg at NCRPC at (785) 738-2218 with questions.
Position open until filled.
The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About North Central Regional Planning Commission
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) strives to improve the quality of life in North Central Kansas. We are a Regional Planning Commission and Economic Development District with state and federal recognition. The core planning and development area consists of 12 counties and 83 cities in North Central Kansas. The NCRPC also oversees several programs that have far reaching impact throughout much of Kansas. We specialize in planning and development for infrastructure, housing, technology, small business, and more.
North Central Kansas Community Network Co., also known as NCKCN, is a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the North Central Regional Planning Commission and is a broadband internet service network covering North Central Kansas.