Are you passionate about making a difference in rural Kansas? Do you have a talent for persuasive writing and project management? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) is now accepting resumes for a full-time Community Development Representative to join our team.
As a Community Development Representative, you will play a pivotal role in securing funding for NCRPC member cities and counties throughout North Central Kansas. Your excellent writing skills, research abilities, and strong understanding of grant application processes will contribute to our success in securing grants from various foundation, state, and federal agencies. Through exceptional organizational skills and collaboration, you will assist members with planning, executing, and delivering projects within specified timeframes, budgets, and quality standards.
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director and Community Development Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify funding opportunities
- Facilitate community meetings
- Draft and submit proposals that help organizations or individuals receive loan/grant funding
- Project management
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders
- Maintain records and submit reports related to funders
- Be diligent in the care of organization vehicles and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, be insurable, and capable of being bonded.
- Subject to substance abuse testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Sciences (e.g., Community Development, Planning, Geography, Political Science, or Economics), English, Communications, or Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Associate’s Degrees in similar fields with at least three (3) years of experience working in a community-oriented setting.
- Candidates with experience and a strong commitment to community.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicate with clients, engineers, contractors, and staff.
- Use technology which includes computers, smartphones, email, and software programs.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Self-sufficient, have time management skills, and function without continual supervision.
- Must travel regularly to surrounding cities and counties and be able to attend evening meetings with the potential to earn compensatory time.
- Willing to learn, attend trainings, and conferences.
View the NCRPC service area map. The position is based in the Beloit office initially, but telecommuting/remote working may be a possibility in the future.
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS)
- Employee Health and Dental Insurance Provided
- Vacation and Wellness Leave
- Paid Holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Applicants shall provide a resume with three (3) professional references.
Requested documents may be emailed to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Community Development Representative Application
Or may be sent by mail or delivered to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
Attn: Community Development Director
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420
Please contact Bri Beck, Community Development Director at (785) 738-2218 with questions.
Position is open until filled. The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About North Central Regional Planning Commission
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) strives to improve the quality of life in North Central Kansas. We are a Regional Planning Commission and Economic Development District with state and federal recognition. The core planning and development area consists of 12 counties and 83 cities in North Central Kansas. The NCRPC also oversees several programs that have far reaching impact throughout much of Kansas. We specialize in planning and development for infrastructure, housing, technology, small business, and more.