Organization: North Central Regional Planning Commission, Beloit, KS
Beginning Salary: Subject to Qualifications
Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
Employee Health Insurance Provided
Vacation and Sick Leave
Responsible for conducting housing inspections and energy audits for the Weatherization Assistance Program and to ensure compliance within the program requirements. This program is funded by the Department of Energy and Low-Income Energy Assistance Program.
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director, Weatherization Director, and Lead Inspector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform home inspections to determine measures needed for reducing energy usage and Health and Safety concerns.
- Schedule appointments with Clients and Contractors.
- Create work orders to install measures in clients’ homes that meet program standards.
- Record data, take measurements, and perform calculations to enter into computerized software.
- Enter recorded data into an energy audit to determine which measures are cost effective to complete.
- Perform post-inspections to ensure work has been completed to meet the program standards.
- Be diligent in the care of organization vehicle and equipment.
- Valid high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, be insurable, and capable of being bonded.
- Must pass State sponsored and State required certification exams within a designated time frame.
- Subject to substance abuse test.
Experience in construction, HVAC, electrical and/or a plumbing related field preferred, but not required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Physically inspect homes to identify the needs of the structure and then address or correct deficiencies identified through the application of the Weatherization Assistance Program. This includes being able to move through attics and crawlspaces.
- Gather field data and dimensions, describe measures needed in written and oral form. This includes taking pictures and creating drawings that accurately depict the home.
- Read and implement program requirements, guidance and specifications as stated in the Weatherization Assistance Program guidelines.
- Communicate with contractors, clients and staff.
- Use technology which includes computers, smartphones, email, and software programs that include Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Be respectful toward clients, their homes, contractors and staff.
- Self-sufficient, have time management skills, and function without continual supervision.
- Willing to learn and train under lead inspector, attend trainings and conferences.
The applicant must live or be willing to relocate to the weatherization service area. Please visit https://www.ncrpc.org/services/housing/weatherization/ to view the NCRPC weatherization service area.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Applicants shall provide a resume with 3 professional references
Requested documents may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Weatherization Inspector
Or may be sent by mail or delivered to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420
Please contact Pepper Roberg, NCRPC Office Manager, at (785) 738-2218 with questions.
The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About North Central Regional Planning Commission
The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) strives to improve the quality of life in North Central Kansas. We are a Regional Planning Commission and Economic Development District with state and federal recognition. The core planning and development area consists of 12 counties and 83 cities in North Central Kansas. The NCRPC also oversees several programs that have far reaching impact throughout much of Kansas. We specialize in planning and development for infrastructure, housing, technology, small business, and more.