POSITION TITLE: Business Services Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Business Support Program Director
FLSA Status (exempt or non-exempt): Exempt, Full-time position
LOCATION: Hybrid (flexible for in-office, remote, and on-the-road), Residing within NWKEICI service area.
Summary / Objective:
As a joint effort from the Kansas Small Business Development Center (KSBDC) and The Northwest Kansas Economic Innovation Center, Inc. (Innovation Center), this program will provide business support services to the business community in the 26 county region served by the Innovation Center (Cheyenne, Rawlins, Decatur, Phillips, Smith, Jewell, Republic, Sherman, Thomas, Sheridan, Graham, Rooks, Osborne, Mitchell, Norton, Cloud, Wallace, Logan, Gove, Trego, Ellis, Russell, Lincoln, Ottawa, Ellsworth, Saline). The position will be under the direction and supervision of the Business Support Program Director.
This position is a full-time, 12-month position; can be remote or can work from the Innovation Center office in Norton. This position must reside in the 26-county region listed above. This position also provides a benefit package. This position is not a state or federal position.
Major Duties / Responsibilities: These duties are not listed in any order of priority but will be reviewed for performance purposes.
· Oversee communication with clients within the KSBDC portal and assist referrals to get into the KSBDC system.
· Responsible for current updates to the KSBDC portal regarding client status.
· Act as point person for business assistance which includes business plan support.
· Promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork and offer assistance and support to the Innovation Center business services team.
· Report metrics agreed upon by KSBDC State Director and Innovation Center into the KSBDC portal.
· Act as a representative of KSBDC and the Innovation Center to meet with clients, resource partners, and community leaders.
· Special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
Required Education / Experience / Qualifications:
· College degree preferred; including areas such as Finance, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, or another related field.
· Prefer minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position.
· Other qualifications may include experience as a small business owner, experience managing state and/or federal grants, and experience working with programs designed to assist small businesses.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be willing and available to travel as needed.
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially.
· Exhibit leadership in management and planning; effectively plan, organize, and evaluate programs.
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with business and industry representatives in diverse fields and from a variety of ethnic and economic backgrounds.
· Perform effectively under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
· Ability to travel and attend off-premises meetings and events, which may occasionally include overnight stays.
· Ability to think creatively to advance and enhance Innovation Center programs.
· Ability to be organized, multitask, and manage time well.
· Successful candidate should be a self-starter and have a spirit for being an entrepreneur.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by the individual in this role. It does not list all possible duties that may be assigned. NWKEICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA and all applicable laws.
To select multiple options, hold to Command Key/Control Key while clicking your options.