POSITION TITLE: Workforce Program Specialist
REPORTS TO: Scott Sproul, NWKEICI President/CEO
FLSA Status (exempt or non-exempt): Exempt, full-time position
Date Prepared: January 25, 2024
Location Hybrid (flexible for in-office, remote, and on-the-road), residing within INNOVATION CENTER service area
Workforce Programs Summary /Objective:
The Workforce Programs Specialist will manage the Connect NWK and NWKEICI (Innovation Center) Incentive workforce programs by coordinating communication and outreach throughout the 26 County service area. These counties are Cheyenne, Rawlins, Decatur, Phillips, Smith, Rooks, Jewell, Republic, Sherman, Thomas, Sheridan, Graham, Rooks, Osborne, Mitchell, Cloud, Wallace, Logan, Gove, Trego, Ellis, Russell, Lincoln, Ottawa, Ellsworth, and Saline.
The Workforce programs developed by the Innovation Center are designed to attract workers to our region as well as increase educational experiences in order to increase job skills and opportunities within the region.
The Connect NWK and Incentive Programs
The primary purpose of the Connect NWK program is to promote jobs within the region and to promote the communities in our region in a positive way through asset mapping. Training and Apprenticships within the Innovation Center are focused on increasing work and career opportunities for individuals in our region as well as attract additional workforce to our region.
The mission of the incentive programs is to collaborate with Counties in order to promote jobs that are available in the region and remote opportunities with an incentive to move to the region.
Major Duties / Responsibilities: These duties are not listed in any order of priority but will be reviewed for performance purposes.
· Work with appropriate representatives within each County to develop and implement a plan to effectively implement incentives in order to attract additional workforce.
· Manage and update the Connect NWK site and the content within the site, as well as other workforce programs that are developed, such as the Training and Apprenticeship programs.
· Facilitate the integration of the regional internships such as Nex-Gen Round Up for Youth on the Connect NWK site.
· Manage the Incentive program and other workforce programs that are developed, such as Training and Apprenticeship programs as assigned by the CEO.
· Tabulate relevant program results for the CEO and Board of Directors related to the success of these programs and present a monthly report to the Office Manager and Workforce Committee.
· The Workforce Program Specialist will assist as requested with other Innovation Center programs and activities.
· Attend meetings as requested by the CEO or the Board of Directors.
Preferred Education / Experience / Qualifications:
· 2+ years of related work experience is preferred.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be willing and available to travel as needed.
· Additional training might be assigned based on need.
· Be able to use Microsoft Office, teleconferencing and other software needed to complete the tasks required for the position.
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
· Mission/Vision: able to support, articulate and promote the organization’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives in a positive and inspirational manner.
· Have the ability to consistently make good decisions and problem solve through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
· Ability and willingness to understand and adjust to organization’s strategic plan.
· Manage confidential information with discretion and care.
· Relate well to others; patience to hear others’ opinions and build rapport with dignity and tact; promote and demonstrate collaboration; relay information that is sufficiently detailed and promote desired results.
· Be results oriented, with high standards for excellence and meet goals with attention to detail; ability to balance the delivery of the program while staying within a budget; and provide accurate results.
· Must be action oriented with a strong work-ethic; ability to be proactive, and react in a positive, timely manner and be goal oriented.
· Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to analyze information accurately and timely.
● A high priority is excellent customer service and being able to think strategically and analytically.
● Ability to take constructive criticism and seek out and act upon feedback in a timely manner.
DISCLAIMER: This Position Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by the individual in this role. It does not list all possible duties that may be assigned. INNOVATION CENTER is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA and all applicable laws.
To select multiple options, hold to Command Key/Control Key while clicking your options.