Covid-19 vaccination incentive available to fully vaccinated staff. Vaccination is encouraged, but not required.
Newly hired staff eligible for a $1000 Sign On Bonus!
Benefits available include sick and vacation time, Health/Dental/Prescription coverage through BCBS, Vision through Vision Care Direct, Aflac Policies, FSA/HSA, company paid life insurance, and retirement through KPERS
DSNWK is also a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. For more information on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program available to employees visit: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/
Perform general maintenance of DSNWK properties to ensure an attractive and safe environment for staff and persons served.
- Perform a preventative maintenance schedule, as assigned, for developmental centers, residential locations, and office areas and check facilities and equipment for potential problems.
- Estimates supplies and time needed for each job. Purchase required building/equipment supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Perform small welding and/or metal fabrication jobs.
- Paints existing as well as new work.
- Troubleshoots and repairs existing electrical wiring and/or installs new circuits.
- Performs plumbing work such as but not limited to: installing new water/sewer lines (remodeling), repairs/replaces old lines, resets toilets, replaces faucets, open toilets, drains, and sewer lines.
- Performs general carpentry, repairs existing rooms/walls, constructs walls, remodels, finishes and replaces doors and windows.
- Repairs sheetrock and tile walls. Installs and finishes new drywall.
- Installs small areas of flooring, works with contractors in preparing areas for larger installations.
- Makes appropriate purchases of supplies and small tools. Maintain accountability of DSNWK property.
- Review and track work orders daily, keep current records of work completed using an iPad or similar device. Turn in paperwork and receipts to the Facilities Services Manager weekly.
- Keep Facilities Services Manager informed of facility conditions, potential problems, work completed and work pending.
Education – High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience – Five years experience with general maintenance preferred.
Extent of physical effort required – Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb a ladder, twist, stoop, and do repetitive movements. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted.
About Developmental Services of Northwest Kansas
You can make a difference with DSNWK by working with individuals with developmental disabilities live with purpose! DSNWK provides flexible positions, gives credit for prior similar work experience (CNA, CMA, etc.), offers a wide variety of benefits including health insurance and a retirement plan, and is a family-oriented organization.