REPORTS TO: Head Cook
Responsible for preparing food for service according to menu plan and standardized recipes in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Prepares all foods according to a menu plan and standardized recipes in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Monitors inventory control.
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as indicated on the menu cycle and the standardized recipes. Tastes and prepares food to determine quality and palatability.
- Prepares food so that it is ready for service at a specified time.
- Operates the dishwashing machine to properly wash and sanitize all dishes, silverware, glasses, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary dishwashing area. This includes keeping the work table, sink, and floor neat and clean, as well as emptying the refuse containers after each meal according to policy and procedure.
- Puts food and supplies away after delivery following established rotation policy and procedure (first in – first out).
- Utilizes proper food handling, cleaning, and ware washing techniques to ensure optimal infection control.
- Performs kitchen and dining room cleanup duties after meals.
Must be able to adapt to a variety of job duties and situations; able and willing to work flexible hours, such as emergency situations.
- Works scheduled shift including overtime, scheduled weekends, holidays and rotating shifts when necessary.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Suggests menu or recipe changes so that leftovers and any overstocked items are used in a timely manner.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned by the Director and Lead Cook.
- Ability to stand, walk for long periods of time, bend, and stoop. Must have full range of mobility and motion, ability to lift/carry medium weights (up to 50 lbs.), push/pull heavy weight (up to 90 lbs.), and ascend/descend stairs. Must have motor coordination and manual dexterity necessary to prepare food and operate food service equipment.
- Must have normal vision and hearing (after correction), normal color discrimination, depth perception, and sense of touch.
- Must be able to tolerate heights over six (6) feet, skin irritants, lung irritants, and chemicals.
- Must be able to tolerate working in heat above 100°F for sustained periods of time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Part-time: Occupancy bonus; Referral bonus; 401k
About Credo Senior Living
Credo Senior Living is an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care residence where seniors can truly feel at home, remain active, and maintain their dignity. Enter any of our residences across the state of Kansas and you will sense something special too. Innovation, quality and an empowering atmosphere make Credo Senior Living residences a place where families can be secure in knowing that their parent or loved one is receiving quality and progressive care.
Our motto is Life as you want it…Care as you need it. With that in mind, a special emphasis is placed on helping residents successfully navigate the events and challenges of daily living while providing an enriching and empowering environment. Our distinctive approach has been successful because the management and staff truly consist of people with compassionate hearts, professional expertise, and a desire to offer services of the highest quality.