REPORTS TO: Director or Nurse Manager
SUPERVISES: Certified Nurse Aides and Certified Medication Aides
Responsible for providing skilled nursing, intervention, and supportive care to patients in the home setting for evening, night, weekend and holiday on-call duty in accordance with the applicable plan of care for each patient.
- Carries a phone when on call.
- Responds promptly by phone when call is received, and gives verbal instructions to CMA/CNA or comes to the building to assess the situation, if necessary.
- Assesses resident using the nursing process and documents in chart.
- Administers or supervises the administration of medications and treatments when necessary.
- Obtains necessary orders when called in, and carries out and/or supervises the implementation of physician orders.
- Documents procedures, instructions, observations, and progress on a resident when called in to assess.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
- Communicates resident information to the staff as indicated.
- When called in, reports changes in the condition of the resident or family situation to the
- Director, RN/LPN, physician, staff, and/or family as indicated.
- Completes orientation to residence.
- Works scheduled shift including overtime, scheduled weekends and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confers with Director or RN/LPN in developing an on-call schedule.
- When on call, assists, if necessary, in obtaining adequate staffing.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or Nurse Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with a current state license, and clinical experience with at least six months working with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate a warm, outgoing personality, and interact with guests, residents, and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, preferably possessing a high school diploma.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and engage in a full range of motion. Ability to lift/carry medium weight (up to 35 pounds) and engage in pushing and pulling light weight. Must have normal peripheral vision, normal vision and hearing (after correction). Must have normal depth perception and sense of touch. Ability to move about with reasonable accommodation, reach, turn, twist and touch.
- Must be able to operate building equipment.
- Must be able to provide personal care to residents, including ambulating, lifting, toileting and turning individual of at least 150 pounds.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Credo Senior Living
Credo Senior Living is an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care residence where seniors can truly feel at home, remain active, and maintain their dignity. Enter any of our residences across the state of Kansas and you will sense something special too. Innovation, quality and an empowering atmosphere make Credo Senior Living residences a place where families can be secure in knowing that their parent or loved one is receiving quality and progressive care.
Our motto is Life as you want it…Care as you need it. With that in mind, a special emphasis is placed on helping residents successfully navigate the events and challenges of daily living while providing an enriching and empowering environment. Our distinctive approach has been successful because the management and staff truly consist of people with compassionate hearts, professional expertise, and a desire to offer services of the highest quality.