Citizens Health is looking for an LPN, currently enrolled in RN classes, to work in our acute care facility. Under the leadership of the Department Manager and/or Nurse Supervisor, provides nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and demonstrates professionalism by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing staff and other health care team personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Days/Hours: This facility is staffed 365 days a years, 24 hours a day
Pay Range: Begins at $23.23
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a therapeutic environment for patients and family member
- Perform nursing functions as assigned
- Maintain unit communication on patient’s behalf
- Administer medications to assigned patients in a safe and timely manner
- Assume responsibility for maintaining nursing skills
- Assume responsibility for facilitating unit functioning
- Demonstrate dependability, cooperation and diplomacy in hospital environment.
What you bring to the table:
- Current LPN licensure by the State of Kansas.
- Thorough knowledge of scope of practice, principles, methods and technique involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Familiarity with organization, standards, policies, regulations and procedures of hospitals as they relate to nursing service.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with ill patients and their families.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strive for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintain professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.