Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing or designee and/or Nursing Supervisor, assists in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activities occurring at the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
Days: 3 days a week with alternating weekends.
This position will be required to work 1 major & 1 minor holiday each year.
Hours: 6am – 6pm for day shift, 6pm -6am for night shift
Pay Range: Starting at $15.00 and dependent upon experience
What you’ll do:
- Act as a receptionist and/or communication “hub”, coordinate written and verbal communication systems on the unit in a timely manner.
- Maintain current patient chart files and keep The Patient Report Form (spreadsheet) updated based off nurse verified Provider orders.
- Register patients that present to the Emergency Room as needed and/or outside regular business hours.
- Perform clerical duties related to the admission, discharge/transfer of patients.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe and attractive environment in the nursing unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- No formal education is required for this job.
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a “team setting”.
- Pleasant, tactful and courteous to patients/residents, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate personal hygiene.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with others and the Department Leader.
- Ability to read well enough to follow directions and understand the responsibilities of working in the Acute Care Nursing Department.
- Willing and able to participate in educational sessions, in-service training and demonstrations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
- BLS is required. Will be assigned to a BLS class if credentials are not current.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Limited exposure to the risk of airborne/bloodborne disease.
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Handles emergencies or crisis situations.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls/inquiries.
- Works weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.