Citizens Health is looking for a registered nurse to work full-time in the surgery department Citizens Medical Center.
Days/Hours: 8am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Pay Range: Dependent upon degree and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Obtain supplies needed for day’s surgeries and prepare operating rooms as assigned.
- Create and maintain sterile fields; scrub and assist with surgical procedure by passing instruments and specific equipment; take counts according to standard policy.
- Take surgery call which is assigned on a rotating basis and is mandatory.
- Assist in cleaning instruments/equipment, checking and stocking supplies.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure by the Kansas Board of Nursing.
- Successful completion of Citizens Medical Center’s nursing orientation program specific to that unit prior to responsibility for patient care. General hospital orientation completed.
- ACLS and BLS certifications
- Provides pre-operative, peri-operative and post anesthesia care of patients through the use of assessment, planning and appropriate intervention.
- Determines that the patients charts are complete and all consents are signed. Accurately documents all patient peri-operative and recovery care and associated charges.
- Monitors patient in the recovery phase of care using PARS as a guideline. Give special attention of adequate oxygen saturation and prevention of pulmonary complications.to patient’s respiratory status from maintenance of adequate oxygen saturation and prevention of pulmonary complications.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to provide direction in application of nursing process, quality improvement standard, organization and departmental goals and objectives, and the State Nurse Practice Act.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a ‘team’ setting.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work in an air-conditioned environment with a temperature of 65-72 degrees Fahrenheit, and humidity of 45-55%. When assigned to assist with pediatric cases, temperature may be up to 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit. Must wear hospital-provided scrub attire while on duty. Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strain and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and/or other diseases. Potential for exposure to anesthetic waste gases, harsh disinfectants, sterilizing agents, exposure to high steam pressure and radiologic environment. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires standing, walking, bending, crouching/stooping, and carrying approximately 95% of the time when caring for patients and assisting with surgical procedures.
- Requires sitting approximately 5% of the time with repetitive motion of the hand and wrist at desk to schedule cases and answer phone.
- Requires pushing/pulling and reaching approximately 50% of the time that is spent standing to move beds, carts, equipment, and turning patients.
- Requires lifting and lowering patients/ objects with 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Moving patients/objects over 50 pounds requires assistance of a mechanical lifting device or another person.
- Normal vision, with or without correction, which is adequate for reading, and use of computer.
- Must be able to work closely with physicians, patients, family, and other hospital personnel.
- Works under stressful conditions and pressure due to demands of procedure, surgeon, and safety of patient.
- Must be able to operate the following machines, tools, and equipment: O.R. beds, fracture tables, recovery beds, steam sterilizer, compressed gas gauges, microscopes, sharps, electrosurgical devices, and power instruments.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.