Position Information: Citizens Health is looking for an RN to work full-time at Citizens Medical Center Specialty Clinic. Under the leadership of the Department Manager and/or Nurse Supervisor, coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing staff and other health care team personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Days/Hours: 7AM to 7PM, 3 days per week
Pay Range: Dependent upon licensure and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Provide direct patient care to meet patient needs using the nursing process.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills in evaluating needs of patient and family.
- Administers ordered medications, following established protocol, in a timely and safe manner.
Develop and evaluate individualized patient teaching for patient/family members.
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrate effective communication skills to solve problems, to carry out hospital policies and procedures and coordinate patient care.
- Promote own professional growth and demonstrate professional conduct in regard to the department, professional relationships, and the practice of nursing.
Completes other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Current RN licensure by the Kansas Board of Nursing
- Current C.P.R. certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Adequate knowledge of nursing theory and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with patients and their families.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to provide direction in application of nursing process, quality improvement standard, organization and departmental goals and objectives, and the State Nurse Practice Act.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a ‘team’ setting.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.