A staff physical therapist is responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment. Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning. The staff therapist coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, PTLA, etc.).
Days/Hours: 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday
Pay Range: Dependent upon experience.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy and eligible for licensure with the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
Must have current license, certification or registration with the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
What you’ll do:
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of the patient in accordance with the Standards of Practice of Physical Therapy.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment place, appropriate to the age and needs of the patient, which contains achievable functional goals.
- Provide treatment as ordered in a safe, timely manner in accordance with the
- Standards of Practice for Physical Therapy.
- Instruct assistants/technicians in treatment procedures to be utilized and provides supervision while they are working with patients.
- Communicate with physicians, other departmental staff, patients and family members regarding patient progress, problems and plan.
- Document the course of treatment in concise format in accordance with the
- Standards of Practice.
- Instruct the patient, family members or other caregivers in therapeutic procedures and/or exercises to be continued upon discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when additional services are required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Current Physical Therapy licensure with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- Current C.P.R. certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing physical therapy services.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with patients and their families.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to provide direction in application of physical therapy process, quality improvement standard, organization and departmental goals and objectives.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a ‘team’ setting.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.