To assist the technical staff of the laboratory in basic laboratory procedures, to include specimen procurement. Phlebotomy certification preferred but will train.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am to 4pm
Pay Range: Starting at $13.65 if non-certified, $14.82 if certified and dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Basic laboratory procedures under the direct supervision of assigned laboratory personnel.
- Basic office procedures.
- Specimen procurement.
- Specimen preparation
- Laboratory housekeeping.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table: (Minimum Requirements)
- Prefer phlebotomy certification, but will train the right individual.
- Prefer CPSI experience.
- Prefer Quest Diagnostics interface experience.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To be successful within our organization you will need to: (Preferred Requirements)
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
This position may result in possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens. The Laboratory Aide is regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne and airborne diseases, electrical and radiant energy hazards, potentially hazardous chemicals, odorous chemicals and specimens and must be able to handle emergency or crisis situations.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires standing/walking 90% of the time to move throughout the hospital to obtain lab specimens, to run lab tests, etc.
- There is bending/stooping required in this 90% of the time for 40% of the time to draw specimens.
- Requires exerting 50 pounds of force occasionally to move saline boxes and other supplies.
- Normal vision and hearing, with or without correction that is adequate for all types of interpersonal communication are required.
- Requires manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination and analytical skills.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.