Citizens Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to work full-time or part-time at Prairie Senior, our Long Term Care facility, supervising and providing quality care to residents in a friendly home-like atmosphere, while allowing them to make choices.
Days/Hours: This facility is staffed 365 days a years, 24 hours a dayPay
Range: Starting at $31.11 and dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and provide direct resident care to meet resident’s needs using the nursing process.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills in evaluating needs of the resident, family, and employee.
- Develop and implement individualized plans of care.
- Evaluate resident care based on continuous needs assessments and reassessments.
- Receive and record physician orders, and administer medications and treatments in a timely and safe manner.
- Demonstrate accountability and accepts responsibility for a constant awareness of assigned residents’ overall condition.
- Assist Director of Nursing with supervising all nursing service activities.
- Develop and evaluate individualized resident teaching for residents, employees and/or family members.
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills to solve problems, to carry out facility policies and procedures and coordinate resident care.
- Promote own professional growth and demonstrate professional conduct in regards to the department, professional relationships and the practice of nursing.
What you bring to the table:
- Current RN License
- Current C.P.R. certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Good knowledge of nursing theory and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with ill geriatric residents and their families.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
- Ability to provide direction in application of nursing process, quality improvement standard, organization and departmental goals and objectives, and the State Nurse Practice Act.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.