The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, treats patients, in accordance with the orders of the referring physician, through the use of the therapeutic procedures and supportive devices intended to maximize functional potentials in all areas of a patient’s life. The therapist is responsible for the implementation of the Standards of Practice for Occupational Therapy written by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Days/Hours: 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday
Pay Range: Starts at $22,12 dependent upon experience.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant Program and have certification from appropriate governing body.
Must have current license, certification or registration with the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
What you’ll do:
- Provide patient care by performing the duties of a staff Occupational Therapist Assistant as directed by the supervising Occupational Therapist, including completing necessary documentation of patient conditions, reactions, and responses to treatment in accordance with standards of practice.
- Assure the continued development of the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Assure implementation of applicable hospital and corporate policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Current Occupational Therapy Assistant licensure with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- Current C.P.R. certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing occupational therapy services.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with patients and their families.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel in other departments.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a ‘team’ setting.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.