Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Ks
Days: Monday through Friday with an occasional ½ day on Saturdays.
Hours: 8 hour days vary between 7am to 6pm, dependent upon departmental needs.
Pay Range: Starting at $15.00 and dependent upon experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Complete patient registrations, pre-registrations and temporary registrations.
- Update pre-registrations.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Check in patients, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
- Maintain appointment calendars and follow office scheduling policies.
- Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages, and provide information.
- Screen visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Sort and deliver mail, medical records, and other correspondence.
- Maintain lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Assist patients with ambulatory difficulties.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What You Bring To The Table:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a medical office and a knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a “team” setting
- Able to use ten-key adding machine, possesses computer skills.
- Able to type 45-60 words per minute.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to sort and file material correctly by alphabetic or numeric system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Able to follow instructions with a minimum of supervision.
To Be Successful Within Our Organization You Will:
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Medical, dental and vision insurance available
Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed
- Many More!
Apply online @ https://cmciks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=67&source=aWQ9MTM%3D
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.