Position Information: Administering leave requests/accommodations and assisting with associate benefits and retirement plans.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am to 5 pm
Pay Range: Dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
Leave responsibilities and functions:
- Process and administer all leaves of absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, disability, and FMLA
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as related to leaves of absence/disabilities.
- Communicate with associates regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensure that associates are aware of their responsibilities and requirements needed as part of the requested leave.
- Handles the leave processing from the initial notice of need to return to work. Process actions include gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintains reasonable communication with associates on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between associates and their department leaders during leave, within reason.
- Advises associates and department leaders on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and other available benefits.
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable leave and accommodation laws including FMLA, ADA, state and local laws.
Benefit responsibilities and functions:
- Serve as a contact for associates and plan vendors
- Coordinated and troubleshoot issues regarding various benefits with associates and vendors to ensure internal associate satisfaction.
- Audit benefit enrollments in the platform to ensure accuracy of data that will be send to vendors
- Assist with new hire and annual enrollment orientations
- Responds to benefit inquiries from all associates on plan provisions, benefit enrollment, status changes, and other general inquiries
- Assists with 401(k) inquiries
- Oversee maintenance of associate benefit files, maintain group benefit database, and update associate payroll records, as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned per organizational need
What you bring to the table:
- Required – High School Diploma/GED, 2 years of college, and 2 years of experience in human resources
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Health Care Administration/Management, or other related field of study
- Preferred – PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP with specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration
- Excellent customer and personal service skills to include assessing needs, meeting standards of service, and evaluating satisfaction
- Knowledge of leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable law
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere
- Display integrity and accountability
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution
Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off
- Student loan reimbursement
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.