The diet aide will complete functions at Citizens Medical Center, our acute care facility. The aide is responsible for production scheduling, cold food preparation, daily sanitation, preparing and delivering patient trays and dish-washing procedures.
Days and hours: Diet aide – Diet aide/hostess – 3-4 days per week 20-30 hours weekly, varied start times to 7:30 pm
Pay range: Begins at $13.00, dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and prepare production schedule and prepare the foods necessary to fill diet prescriptions during tray service.
- Wash dishes and trays.
- Complete required sanitation procedures.
- Deliver patient trays to, and pick up patient trays from patient care areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience, preferred
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a “team setting”.
- Understand importance of maintaining established sanitary standards in food service.
- Pleasant, tactful and courteous to patients/residents, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate personal hygiene.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with others and the Department Leader.
- Ability to read well enough to follow directions and understand the responsibilities of working in the Food Services Department.
- Willing and able to participate in educational sessions, in-service training and food demonstrations.
- Experience in maintaining sanitary environments is an asset.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
Well-lighted, well-ventilated work area. Exposed to hot and cold temperature changes. Exposed to continuous noises put out by electrical food service equipment. May be exposed to infection when handling contaminated dishes or silverware, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed & LifeSave
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.