Under direct supervision of the Food Service Manager, the cook has primary responsibility for preparing, cooking, transporting and serving all hot foods necessary for meal service during scheduled shift. Responsible for doing closing procedures in the kitchen and cafeteria prior to locking the Food Service Department in the evening
Days Open: Sunday through Saturday
Hours: Cook – 11:00 am-7:30 pm, 5 days per week, every other weekend, 1 major and 1 minor holiday per year.
Pay Range: Starting at $14.17 and dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, cook, transport and serve all hot foods necessary for meal service during scheduled shift.
- Responsible for doing closing procedures in the kitchen and cafeteria prior to locking the Food Service Department in the evening
- Responsible for the department after Food Service Manager leaves for the day or on his/her weekend to work.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table: (Minimum Requirements)
- Training and experience in food service, including cooking for large groups, is preferred
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To be successful within our organization you will need to: (Preferred Requirements)
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
Requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, and/or reaching 80 % of the time. Requires sitting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, and/or pulling 20 % of the time. Requires exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move stock in the department. Normal vision, with or without correction; and hearing adequate for all types of interpersonal communication is required. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Extended periods of standing.
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently,
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- Student Loan reimbursement
- Malpractice covered
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.