Under the supervision and direction of an RN, assists professional nursing staff by performing basic patient care activities and related nonprofessional services in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patients.
Days: 3 days per week, every other weekend, 1 minor holiday and 1 major holiday yearly
Hours: 6am to 6pm
Pay range: Begins at $13.65, dependent upon experience
What you’ll do:
- Attend to patients’ personal care and needs, ie, foley care, bathing, hair washing, clean linens, mouth care, back rubs, etc., and document as appropriate.
- Assist nursing personnel in treating, lifting, turning, and positioning, restraining, feeding, ambulating, and weighing patients.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment.
- Assist with departments’ cleaning activities.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate manner with staff, patients/family, physicians, and other ancillary personnel.
- Attend meetings and in-services.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Successful completion of certified nurse aide program is preferred.
- Basic Life Support certified within 1 month of employment.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with ill patients and their families.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Familiarity with organization, standards, policies, regulations, and procedures of hospital as they relate to nursing service.
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to function in a “team setting”.
- Ability to be tactful and courteous to patients/residents, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate personal hygiene.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with others and the
- Department Leader.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
May be exposed to communicable diseases. Exposed to unpleasant patient elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne/airborne diseases
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed & LifeSave
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.