Days: Sunday through Saturday
Hours: 8am through 5 pm
Pay Range: Starting at $15.66 if CNA and dependent upon experience.
What you’ll do:
- Under the supervision and direction of the Charge Nurse and/or Director of Nursing, assist in the planning and implementation of activities programs by performing resident care activities and related nonprofessional services in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.
- Encourage and motivate individual residents to participate in activities of a recreational, religious, intellectual and occupation nature to promote activity, attempting to reach highest level of independence.
- Responsible for the timely completion of record keeping in accordance with the current state and federal regulations.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provide input for resident assessments and care plans.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CNA or willing to take the training.
- Kansas Activity/Social Certificate or reciprocal training that is state approved is preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
To be successful within our organization you will need to:
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Typical Working Conditions:
Well-lighted, well-ventilated facility and office environment. Subject to numerous interruptions and occasional stressful situation.
Typical Physical Demands:
Position requires extended periods of standing. Must be able to assist with the transportation of residents to activities, and capable of assisting with residents ADL’s.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage – equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage – one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Visit Us at: https://cmciks.com/
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.
About Citizens Health
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.