This position is the Superintendent of the Belleville Country Club. As Superintendent this position includes being the lead groundskeeper and bar manager of the Belleville Country Club (BCC), a 9-hole semi-private golf course overlooked by our clubhouse and bar & banquet facility located in Belleville, KS. We have a current membership roster of nearly 200 members. This is a full-time position.
Salary: $40,000-45,000 based on experience
Qualifications and Requirements:
• General mechanical, bookkeeping, and bartending knowledge
• Ability to follow oral and written communications and direction from the Board of Directors
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
Mow tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough using a range of walk behind and ride on mowers and trimming equipment
• Set up golf course for daily play, including placing tee markers and setting cups/pins, maintain ball washers, rake sand bunkers, mark hazards and drop areas
• Maintain and service equipment. This will include but not limited to maintaining fuel and fluid levels on all equipment, inspect equipment daily and report any safety or mechanical issues, and perform routine preventative maintenance oil changes, sharpening, etc.).
• Apply fertilizer and chemical products to the landscape to improve quality and health of grass on the course.
• Independently operate the irrigation system and troubleshoot problems that arise with the equipment. General maintenance and repair of the system is required.
• Identify and control pests and diseases.
• Supervise daily tasks of other hourly and seasonal employees.
• Perform other maintenance duties as directed.
• Order liquor & beer from distributors & stock bar with snacks while maintaining all records of alcohol purchases for compliance with ABC
• Abide by all rules from ABC & KDHE
• Hire adequate bar staff & set schedules for bar staff
• Collect & manage memberships to stay in compliance with the state
• Facilitate meeting room rental for events