We are offering a full time position as Project Manager/Engineer.
· Expected hours of work are 5 days/no more than 50 hours per week at the Colby, Kansas location.
· Work one day/week for a year in the shop to get a better understanding of how the product is made.
· International travel to other smartwin partner locations around the world may be possible
· Starting pay rate of $80,000/year
o This amount can change based on the amount of time not worked for reasons such as excessive and abusive use of sick leave and other issues that may keep you from working the required hours. However, it will also increase as orders increase and we can automate our shop to increase production.
· As an employee of Advantage Architectural Woodwork you will be eligible for paid vacation after 1 year of employment, company health insurance available on day one, paid national holidays, and dental insurance.
· Currently there is not a 401k due to the size of the company. The plan is to add the 401K once sales reach 3 million.
· Yearend bonus based on performance.
Duties and responsibilities for this position:
We ask that you are willing to have and keep an open mind in regards to your day to day responsibilities as we are a small company and that can sometimes result in additional duties and responsibilities.
· Coordinate with Sales Team / Architects regarding project details and technical information
· Manage multiple projects with overlapping or staggering start and delivery schedules
· Develop cultists using EZ Windor window/door software and Microsoft Excel. Implement new database creation and further develop and complete existing databases for our software
· Coordinate and manage material take-offs, ordering, and sourcing, including but not limited to: wood, hardware, aluminum cladding, glass, and misc. components required for manufacturing
· Other duties may include, project detailing and takeoffs, proposal creation, coordination with manufacturing
· Willingness to learn and master the Passive Haus Institutes PHPP software for energy balance calculations of high performance buildings
· Interest in the Passive Haus construction concepts
· Work with our European smartwin partners on development and fine tuning of documents and projects
· Recruit and Retain additional qualified office personnel
Please keep in mind that this is not a structured position. Discipline will be needed but the impact could be huge.
About Advantage Architectural Woodwork
Advantage Architectural Woodwork specializes in energy-efficient European windows and doors for low energy homes and buildings. We are located in northwest Kansas along I-70. Our windows and doors are the "Tesla of windows." They are custom built to order right here in our facility. The use of these energy efficient windows and doors make a more refined and rewarding living experience. With our smartwin technology, we provide the most efficient, high quality and hand crafted energy efficient European wood window and door systems. This technology is very popular with the passive house builders.